Sunday, August 31, 2008

1 or 2

I was originally going to make two separate blogs, one for explaining the journey we have been on with our children and life in general (although I find nothing general about our life), and one for explaining the spiritual walk Life has brought us through.  However, I do not know how to separate the two.  So I have decided to just keep one blog.
I suppose this is therapy for me in a sense, but my biggest reason for doing this is to maybe encourage someone else who finds themself going down a similar road.  I have talked with very few people who understand what it is like to have their child diagnosed with an illness or disease that leaves them with no hope of survival. (Most doctors do not tell you that there is hope in God, and there is, Peace and Rest also.)
The words "I understand" help.  There are some things in life that are impossible to explain with words, hard as one may try.  I do not wish "understanding" on anyone, the grief is too much to bear sometimes, but for those of us who do "understand", it helps knowing that there is someone else who understands.  When words fail, understanding comforts.
The second reason I am doing this is to share some Biblical insights.  I am a teacher by nature and I love to share.  I know that I am not perfect so don't take anything I say for granted.  Check out what the Bible has to say for yourself.  My hope is to encourage and build up.  I cannot go through this life of mine without the hope, love and peace that I continue to receive from  my Heavenly Father, the creator of the universe.  I am convinced of His love and I know that God did NOT do this to my children.  God is not the author of death.  He is Life, Love, Peace, and Joy, and I will praise His Name forever.
I wish to share about other topics as well, from all areas of my life.  We are living in exciting times. I believe that the return of Jesus is near, and I love to talk about it, to study the Word, and to learn what others have to share.

Psalm 121:1-2

A Song of Ascents.
 1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
         From whence comes my help?
 2 My help comes from the LORD,
         Who made heaven and earth.

No comments: