Stephenie's seizure patterns are changing again. She had to have Diastat this week. That is an emergency medication we give her when she has a very long seizure (more than 10 minutes) or a violent seizure that lasts more than 5 minutes. Before Diastat some seizures would last more than 1/2 hour. She has 3 other meds. for seizures control as well as a very regimented diet.
Before we knew Stephenie was having seizures we would call them "episodes". She was having seizures when I was pregnant with her, although I didn't know it at the time. I could feel her moving violently with long periods of stillness afterward, but who knew they were seizures. If the medications she is on stop working there is nothing left to try or add onto her regiment. I have a very difficult time watching her go through seizures.
She has been very fussy the last couple of day too. Tummy pain.
If I keep going on I will depress myself, not to mention anyone out there who is reading this.
I have been meditating on the thought that "God is Honorable". He is worthy of honor and He does what is honorably.
Enter into His Rest and find Peace, I do.

1 comment:
I stubbled upon your blog on the McNeils blog. I just started glancing through your entries and realized that we have children dealing with similiar issues:
Agenesis of the Corpus Collseum (ACC)
Microcephaly
Seizure disorder – partial complex seizures
Cerebral dysgensis
Pontocerebellar hypoplasia
All of this and more belongs to my 17 month old son, Brayden. I very rarely come across families dealing with seizures and we know all about the Diastat and do not leave home with out it! Thanks for sharing and I love the Psalm you mentioned.
Carrie
Post a Comment