The greatest of these is "Love."
I often wondered why God said the greatest of these is love. I think I now understand in part,why love is the greatest.
When I was younger I used to start my conversations with God by saying, " God if you love me then why...." One day God replied (through His Word)
James 1: 5 - 8
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
I knew He was telling me that I was double-minded. How was I double-minded? On one hand I would say I knew God loved me and on the other I would say "God if ..."
Once the issue of God's love was settled, I realized I needed to change my question to "God since you love me, would You help me understand where I need to change my thinking?"
Hope is then kindled because there is intimate knowledge of God and His love. When a relationship with God is settled on a foundation of love, trust in the Character of God can then bring Peace. What a wonderful place for the Word of God to birth within us...Faith.
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:
Post a Comment