Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching You Up

I took Stephenie to her visit to Shriner's. They follow her scoliosis and like to see her every 2 - 3 years. I am mentioning this because I believe it will shed some light on her last hospital visit. The scoliosis continues to get more severe. They take x-rays of her back at each visit. Last time we were here they told me her hips were dislocated, slightly. Well, now her right hip is completely out of the joint socket. I've been told that when the hip is moving out it is extremely painful. I believe that her hip was on the way out when we were last at the hospital. There is no way of knowing for sure but it is about the only thing that makes sense.
Her right hip seems to be out now too. There have been no x-rays to confirm this, but she had another horrible week at the end of June beginning of July somewhere in there. Then she just got better. No other explanation really. We go to the Dr. tomorrow for her well child check up. Maybe they'll take an x-ray. More for documentation purposes really.
She is not doing very well lately. Her overall alertness and comfort seem to decline daily.

No comments: